LOCATE ANY BANK BRANCH IN INDIA
CAPITAL. CHARACTER. CREDIT.
These are the founding pillars that reflect the true spirit of Citizencredit Co-operative Bank. Our logo embodies this spirit in the form of a dove, while also representing the initials of our bank. The dove indicates the transparency, commitment, and peaceful relationship that the bank establishes with its customers. The colours (saffron, blue, green) personifies our dream of financially empowering citizens and constantly developing the economic might of the country. The logo also resembles a palm reaching out in service, for we grow only through the profitability and prosperity of our customers.
Helping customers achieve economic success and financial security thereby building vibrant and prosperous communities, sustained by values of integrity and good governance
· To be a
financially strong and vibrant Bank.
· To work to improve the quality of life to the communities we serve.
· To earn the respect of employees and customers.
· To conduct our operations with integrity and transparency.
· To demonstrate character that always recognizes that the financial well being of the customers is the reason we are here.
· To promote the spirit of co-operation and build long term shareholder value.
Change is the only constant.
Our philosophy is based on decades of crafting exceptional banking experiences for each customer by catering to their individual and financial needs.
We believe that three factors contribute to success, our customers: needs, goals and values. It is in this effort that we strive to design products that help our customers to prepare for a strong financial future against the constantly changing technological and economic environment. We take the time to get to know you - understanding your current financial situation, family, responsibilities, and goals for the future - then work with you to create a plan that fits your life.
As we surge ahead with our new corporate identity, our commitment towards prosperity for all, endures.
We opened our doors in 1984.
Since then we have worked to build a culture that puts relationships and
customers needs above all.
Formerly known as The Bombay Catholic Urban Co-op Credit Society, the bank was established through the cumulative efforts of a group of young minds who wished to create a strong financial foothold for the catholic community. The bank was envisaged to be a channel that fuelled the hopes and dreams of each customer through personal engagement and customized banking plans.
34 years later, the bank continues to uphold the same values while adapting to modern banking systems.
What is IFSC Code
IFSC is short for Indian Financial System Code and represents the 11 digit character that you can usually see on your bank’s cheque leaves, or other bank sponsored material. This 11 character code helps identify the individual bank branches that participate in the various online money transfer options like NEFT and RTGS.
How to find IFSC Code?
Ways to find IFSC codes
- IFSC code can be found on cheque leaf and bank passbook of the respective bank.
- Banks and respective branch list of IFSC codes can be obtained from Reserve Bank of India’s website.
- The IFSC code of a particular bank can also be found on the banks’ official website.
Benefits of IFSC Code
Benefits of IFSC Code are :
- Helps to identify a Bank and its respective branch
- Eliminates errors in the process of fund transfer
- Transfers done with IFSC such as NEFT, RTGS and IMPS are accurate
What is MICR Code
MICR or Magnetic Ink Character Recognition Code is a 9 digit code used for faster processing of cheques. MICR number is also unique for every bank branch, hence it helps in uniquely identifying the bank and branch participating in an Electronic Clearing System (ECS). MICR Code like IFSC is a combination of 3 essential components:
- The first 3 digits represent the city code.
- The middle 3 represent the particular bank code.
- The last 3 digits represent the specific branch code
Benefits of MICR Code
Benefits of MICR Codes are:
MICR code enables efficient, quick and error-free processing of cheques. This is possible with magnetic ink, reading machines and technology used in MICR.
Difference between IFSC and MICR code
ink character recognition code (MICR) is a technology that enables faster
processing of cheques by recognizing unique characters printed on the cheque.
MICR consists of a 9 digit code. The
first three digits of the MICR code represent the city, the next three give the
bank code and the last three digits denote the branch of the bank. Similar to
an IFSC code, every branch of a bank has a specific MICR code. While IFSC is
used for online fund transactions, MICR is used for cheques.
Let’s understand the difference between IFSC and MICR